We deeply appreciate what Seattle's restaurants have done to showcase and encourage local sourcing. Many of you have already discovered that the markets are a wonderful place to forge connections with growers. To further encourage these sales opportunities for our farmers, we offer several additional opportunities
Special Chef Parking and Shopping:
Chef Tamara Murphy, originator of the Incredible Feast
- U District (Saturdays) has chef parking spaces in the U Heights lot, and carts available for your use.
- Columbia City (Wednesdays) has chef parking spaces, special preview "Chef's Hour" shopping from 2:30-3pm, and carts available for your use.
- Capitol Hill Broadway (Sundays) has a loading zone, and special parking permits are available. Ask at the Manager tent.
- All markets will work with you to make loading and schleping easier, so ask the manager at your favorite market!
Finding Farms and Products
- Each market page lists vendors by type. If they have a website, it will be hyper-linked, and you can contact them directly. If you need help finding a particular vendor or product, call our office and we will match you up.
- Our annual fundraiser matches local chefs with our farmers for a night of incredible food and fun celebration. All proceeds benefit the Good Farmer Fund and our low income outreach and educational programs.
Cooking Classes and Demonstrations
We love having chefs at the market showing shoppers what they can do with seasonal products! Contact our office, or talk to the manager at your favorite market.